Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Feminizing a uni-sex T-shirt

So I saw on someone's blog how to take a uni-sex T-shirt, like the ones you can find at AC Moore and Michaels, and make it more feminine. I decided to try it. My first try, it ended up too tight, so I tried again later that afternoon with my friend. The second time, it turned out much better. Below, I attached pictures and instructions on how to make it.

NOTE: to anyone "underage" who might be interested in this, please make sure your parents are fine with you cutting up a shirt. :)

Flip shirt inside out and cut out both sides. Note the pieces of fabric at the bottom of the pic. But be very careful with cutting: on this shirt, I cut out too much!

The pieces I cut out... 
Make a fringe, since you'll need to tie it together - no sewing on this one! :)
Flip it right side out and you're done!

This is the second one I made. This time it turned out and fit properly! :D

Ruched side. You'll need to wear something under the shirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment