Sunday, March 25, 2012

Quick Update

So I don't think I ever fully said what exactly is going on with my plans for next year... Now might be a good time to do that.

Last I posted on Bunch O' Wilsons, I wasn't excepted to Newlife because I was several months younger than they were allowed to accept. It basically sounds like I can apply next year and get in, so that is my current plan.

Now I've ended up with an unexpected gap year. A few years ago, Mom and I listened to a session at the homeschool conference where they were talking about gap years, and I thought, "That's cool, but I've got my life too planned for that to happen!" Yah, right.

To make a long story short, in the last week of June, I'm flying out to Manila, Philippines to volunteer as a missionary midwife at Shiphrah Birthing Center, which is a lot like Newlife just without the extra schooling (yay, no school!). Lord willing, I'll be staying at Shiphrah until November 14, 2012, a week before Thanksgiving. Then I'll come home, not have to miss the holidays, apply to Newlife again, and raise support for that.

Right now, I'm focusing on graduating (graduation's in six weeks!) and raising support to go. In total, I'll need at least $6600 (which seems like a lot to a girl who's never had more than $1000 at one time...) about $1400 a month. But hey, God owns all the money in the universe, and He also wants me to go to Shiphrah, so it will be nothing for Him to give me what I need. Next week, I hope to send out a support letter and get people at least praying for me.

Also, I'm creating a new blog (I know, you thought I had enough already!) for my time in the Philippines since I won't exactly be here to give updates on the Wilson family. So this blog will be going to Nathan during my absence (scary thought!) and I'll be updating my midwifery blog. Go check it out: http://midwife4hisglory.blogspot.com/ I'm still playing around with how it looks, so it might change suddenly, but that's where I'll be posting my midwifery updates. Don't worry, I'll also be updating this blog about the Wilson fam until I leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment