Tuesday, December 11, 2012

I'm Home!!!

Hey guys! I'm home!!!

After five months away in the Philippines, I have returned home! :-D I miss Shiphrah Birthing Home, all the midwives, all my friends, and everything else about the Philippines, but I know that part of my life is over at least for now. Now I'm looking for the nursing school God wants me to go to so I can (someday) become a Certified Nurse Midwife.

Being home is awesome. I love being able to see my family all the time. Even though it's annoying at times, I love it when Joy Anna walks into my room between 7:00 and 7:30 in the morning singing, "Morning, 'Nelle (her name for me)!" She even does it on Saturdays... I love that Promise never stops talking, sometimes even forgetting to take a breath, so that I don't have to talk. She's been my faithful little buddy and, like I said, hasn't stopped talking since I landed. (Her best quote was while I was flying home. She announced, "I'm glad Danielle is coming home so that I now have someone to talk to...besides myself!")

Some days, it feels like I've never been gone. Other days, I feel lost, like everything is so different. Sometimes, the Philippines feels like a far off dream and other times I feel like I just left. It's weird.

But I'm home now and mom said Bunch O' Wilsons is back to me. Be prepared for more crazy stories, pictures, and anything else that might appear on these pages.

You've been Warned!

:-D

No comments:

Post a Comment