Monday, December 26, 2011

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas!!!!!

The night before Christmas, God sent a beautiful sunset, in honor of His Son. I was able to take some pics. Like I said, it was beautiful.


On Christmas, we didn't wake up until 8am... Ha! Gone are the days were everyone was up by 6am! Part of it is because Nathan and I are older and appreciate sleep, and part of it is because the kids stay up until midnight (due to excitement), then crash...

This year, everyone got a big present, except Joy Anna. She got books. (Mom's comment was "Joy Anna needs to start her own library!")

Joshua got a plasma car. It's small and holds up to 250lb. The rider's supposed to sit on it and put their feet in stirrup-type things. Everyone absolutely loves it and rides it as much as Joshua (yes, I've probably ridden it more than he has...) Anyway, his car is cool. The other present he really liked was his harmonica. (Brilliant idea, Mom. Do you hear the sarcasm?)
Joshua on his plasma car
Promise got lots of doll accessories. She got a doll highchair (it's so cute!), a canopy bed (over 2ft tall! It's gorgeous!), and a doll armoire. She was very happy and I believe all her accessories are "occupied" at the moment.

Isaac got the drum set he's been pining over. Ever since it's been set-up, he's stayed in his bedroom, experimenting and playing. He's in drummer heaven!

Grace got the American Girl doll she's been saving up for. She was excited to find it wrapped and under the tree and still get to keep her money! It's the new Marie Grace, the doll from Louisiana's French Quarter. It's a pretty doll. She loves it.

Nathan got an upgrade to our slow video-editing software. He's very happy. (Sorry, I don't have a pic for that!)

And I got *drum roll* the DSLR I've been wanting for ever!!!!!!!! I'm not good at showing emotion, so when I opened it, I said very composedly, "Oh, wow! Thank you!" Inside, I was dancing, jumping up and down, and screaming for joy. The camera's a Canon EOS Rebel T3 and it came with an 18-55mm lens. I am so happy and absolutely love it! I've already taken over 200 pics with it... *sheepish grin*. Needless to say, I'm in photographer heaven! Most of the pics I'm posting on Picasa (link coming) and this post have been taken with my camera. It's a big upgrade to my Canon Powershot SX20 IS. ;-D I've figured out Manual Focus and absolutely love it. Alright, I should probably stop talking about my camera and move on...
Pardon the mustache. It was a gift from Nathan. :-D
Mom got the brewing bottles she's been wanting. No, she doesn't brew beer, she makes kombucha and water kefir, both of which are very healthy drinks that have to ferment and fizz. She's very happy. I'm happy too since they're a beautiful crystal blue.

Dad got a bunch of chocolate from Mom. I think there were some ulterior motives going on... She bought him two boxes of truffles in case he were to take one to work. Yah, definitely some ulterior motives... :-D

Anyway, that's a quick recap of Christmas morning here! If you want to see more pics, I've put them on a Picasa album: https://picasaweb.google.com/113112312516189518414/Christmas2011?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCOf3pci5wOmC6gE&feat=directlink Let me know what you think! :-D

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment