Monday, July 2, 2012

Wazzup July?


Hey Guys, wazzup?

This is Nathan, finally taking over Danielle’s blog. Last week I went to TeenPact Judicial (TPJ) and had tons of fun and no sleep! TPJ is basically a week long Moot Court training and competition event. Cramming in around 8 hours of classroom instruction a day, the staff forced us students to work insanely hard to write our cases in the little free time provided as well as worshiping God and exercising. However, the week was one of the most rewarding experiences I've ever had. The work load pushed me to my mental limit while the ice skating, Ultimate Frisbee, and snowboarding breaks allowed me to hangout with tons of AWESOME people. As mom previously posted I took 3rd in the oral Moot Court competition, as well as in the written brief. Though exhilarating, the competition was only one of the minor perks during the whole event. 

The best part of the week consisted of getting the whole TPJ family on the ice and playing Ultimate Frisbee. The rules were almost exactly the same as normal Ultimate, however, you had to be going side to side to catch the Frisbee and couldn't glide forward with it on your skates. Our group started a new sports tradition which I hope will be preserved by all future camps of Teenpacters. 

Another awesome part of the week was all the fantastic friends I met. When I first arrived I observed many different, random teenagers milling all over the place. When I left I recognized a group close knit friends with their own lives and hobbies dispersing all across the US; Georgia, Florida, Illinois, Chicago, and even Hawaii. We forged some amazing friendships strengthened through all-nighters and shared pranks. During the competition I found myself just as happy when I lost and my friend won, as I did when the situation was turned. The greatest trophy I took home from the competition was a shirt, with all the signatures and nicknames of my new friends, representing the special bond we possessed.

Well that's a recap of my week. Below are some pictures of a watermelon seed spitting competition organized by our amazing Grammy. The winner happened to be the only kid in the house over 6 feet tall.

Joshua spitting seeds

Grace taking air

Random neighbors Grammy invited over

The Amazing Grammy

Peanut taking a spit

The lineup

Not all frogs are found in Grammy's ponds

My beautiful Sister Joy Anna

Joy Anna preferred eating to spitting

No comments:

Post a Comment