Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Too Quiet...

This was a very early morning for everyone.  The van was loaded and driving out of the garage by 6am, with everyone aboard.  After a tearful good-bye, Danielle and Andy were off to their flight.  So far everything seems to be going smoothly and we look forward to an update from them tomorrow when they arrive in Manila.  The house seems quiet and lonely without them.

Nathan seems to be keeping very busy at his Judicial camp.  I've only had a couple of text messages from him, and they have come in very late at night.  I look forward to hearing all about his week when we pick him up Saturday.

Had a couple of funny incidences today.  First, the JJ-PIG's got very excited when, on the way home from the airport, I pulled into Dunkin Donuts!  They each got to pick out TWO donuts for themselves (what a treat!).

Later that morning, it suddenly got very quiet.  Instinctively I knew Joy Anna was into something.  Sure enough, there she sat in the library with Staal's water bowl emptied around her, dunking his food into the water puddles and plopping them into her mouth.  It was a deja vue moment -  Danielle used to do the same exact thing with T'Kari's food and water!

Then Joshua was being naughty.  I told him to go get me the spoon.  He came back a while later, quietly wrapped his little arms around my legs and said, "It's okay Mommy, I talked to Jesus about being naughty.  You don't have to discipline me."  What do you say to that?! Needless to say, I did not spank him! :)

We'll see if I can add photos I took - here goes:




No comments:

Post a Comment